Monday, April 09, 2007

Craft Challenge

I've decided to start a craft challenge for myself. While I was out on maternity leave, I watched a ton of craft shows on the DIY network. I got so inspired that I wrote down a list of projects that I'd love to try.

But when I got back into the real world I found that a 9 to 5 and motherhood don't lend themselves to lots of crafting. Now that I've gotten my sh*t together I think I am ready to tackle some of these projects.

The challenge goes like this: I will start a project on a Monday and post my results the following Monday. It has to be something that I have never made before. Sometimes the project will be creating a new piece of jewelry, sometimes it will be something different like sewing, crochet or embroidery. I must say I am dying to try one of the patters from Sublime Stiching.

This weeks challenge will be simple - to create a cool pair of crochet circle earrings out of this yummy red wire I have. Stay tuned next week for the results.

No comments: