Monday, December 31, 2007

New year, a new me?

Its that time of year to make resolutions. And like so many others I have my fair share of things I'd like to change / do in the new year.

But I am a bit lazy and a bit of a procrastinator (ok a huge procrastinator) so my resolutions always fall flat. However, this year may be different. Because of this wonderful blog I can publish my resolutions to the world (or to the 4 people who may actually be reading this) and hopefully you can help me hold my feet to the fire.

So here goes nothing:

1. Create more jewelry. Simple enough to do, right? Its something I love to do so why wouldn't I create more? Well this is were the above mentioned procrastination and laziness come in, I could make jewelry or I could take a nap, or do laundry or well you get the idea.

So this is my resolution: Post 3 new pieces on this blog per week.

2. Lose weight. I'd love to lose 30 pounds but would be estatic with 20 and perfectly content with 10. So how to overcome my laziness and procrastination? I've joined two on-line communities for weight loss so I'll have tons of support to help me avoid eating an entire candy bar or bag of chips because I'm bored. I'll even post updates here from time to time.

I've already made so many changes over the past year that I think I am in the right frame of mind to make these changes too.

Meanwhile what about my plans for New Years Eve you ask? Well they will be exciting - after the wee one goes to bed a dinner of Filet, baked potato and salad along with some great wine. Then maybe some board games or a movie and if we are lucky hubby and I may actually stay up until midnight to ring in the New Year. Or else we'll be in bed by 10.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your lovely dinner and new years eve was all that and more! And good luck and kudos for making simple goals for the new year...

I'll have my eye on you! tehehee

Janell

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

My kind of evening - just relax and spend some quality time with loved ones! and since resolutions rarely work out for most of us, I applaud the fact that you're keeping them manageable - you're much more likely to achieve better results!

Best wishes for the upcoming New Year to you and your family!