Monday, April 21, 2008

Technological Dark Ages

That's where I've been living for the past few days. My beloved Mac's hard drive crashed and I have lost everything on my computer. And of course I haven't backed it up since well since ever.

The only thing I really care about is the pictures. We had all of our pictures from China on it. To lose all of those pictures just kills me every time I think about it. We have a few saved on our blog and I think I can get some from our traveling companions, but we had so many beautiful pictures of our little girl.

The guy at the Apple store said we can pay some firm to retrive the data on the dead hard drive. It might be fairly costly. But at this point it may be worth it. And I need to make this decision soon because the repairs can't start until we've done this or decided not to do it.

We hooked up an old PC laptop with no software on it. The only thing we can do is access the internet. So there will be no new photos on the blog or listings in my Etsy shop until further notice. Sigh.

1 comment:

MamaCarter said...

pay for the photos. I'm sure it will be worth it.

tonight I need to back up our photos - this makes me nervous!