Monday, February 25, 2008

Academy Awards


In honor of Diablo Cody , who was filmed for her nomination photo wearing a saucy hat with veil while writing, I will be writing this blog while wearing my favorite hats this week. I will start off with this cloche from melissahappystuff's etsy shop. Will it change my writing style? Probably not, but I'll look cooler while writing.

Every year hubs and I watch the Academy Awards together. We get a list of nominees and make our picks. Of course we haven't seen all the movies but that is what makes it fun. The winner usually wins based on foreign language film or sound editing which are complete guesses.

This year was a pathetic showing for me. I had seen two nominated films, Michael Clayton and Sweeny Todd. That's it, only two films. So everything was pretty much a guess for me. But I only got three right. Three. Hubs had a runaway victory with nine correct guesses. And he only saw one film.

So next year either I'll have to see more films or make better guesses to regain my winning ways.

I missed the red carpet so I don't have much to say on the fashion choices. I'll have to wait for the E! Fashion Police recaps.

1 comment:

OMB said...

Love the hat!!!