Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pure Joy

Sometimes we can get so caught up in what is going on in our lives that we forget to enjoy ourselves. I know that I am guilty of this very often.

Watching my daughter play reminds me of the pure joy that can be found in life if you open yourself up to it. Nothing makes her happier than dancing, singing, reading her books and playing with her favorite toy of the moment.

She has recently taken up "cooking". Sometimes she is at her kitchen set and sometimes she is at her little "table" which is really a low shelf on the tv stand that she sits on and our speaker which doubles as a table (yes I know she needs a real table which she will get for Christmas). She takes her stacking cups and pretends to mix and measure. She will then come over to me and Scott with a huge smile on her face. She will either hand us the cups or feed us herself. She looks so proud of what she has created, it makes me want to cry with happiness.

This is what is important, not the day to day grind, the little things that give us joy.

2 comments:

MadeByAmanda said...

Oh, that's so sweet.

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

Children really do have the right idea about what is really important in life - enjoy your dances together :)