Monday, October 01, 2007

Getting older

I turned 38 on Friday and you know what, it was no big deal.




I used to worry about getting older but now I realize it was just a superficial worry. I am at a point in my life that I am happy. I love my husband and my daughter. We are starting the process to adopt a second child. I get to create beautiful jewelry and play around with other fun crafts. Life is good and its not going to change just because there is another candle on the birthday cake.

That being said, there are definitely some things I want to change this year. For one I need to get into shape and to lose about 15 pounds. Lately I've liked eating and drinking wine a bit to much and have not exercised as much as I should.

Second, I need to get my business organized. My work room is finally in shape where I have a place to create. Now I need to get my pieces photoed and posted. I also need to concentrate on promoting my Etsy shop and getting more pieces into the brick and mortar shops that currently carry my designs.

So all in all I think 38 is going to be a good year for me.

2 comments:

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

Great attitude - and I wholeheartedly agree (41 here!) - the candles mean nothing and I wouldn't go back in time at this point! Good luck with the second adoption - and with all of your other goals!

Anonymous said...

You and I have a lot in common my dear! Enjoying our foods and wine, 15 pounds to loose, Promoting etsy, omg... Like a mirror! Lol...
Happy belated birthday hun, and congrats on being in such bliss!
;)