Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Running A Business Part 2

So I looked through my materials on running a business and the first thing I am going to be working on is defining where I fit in the marketplace. My dear friend Sonja will get a big kick out of me using all this "MBA speak" on my little jewelry business. But it is a valid question.

The short answer is I make jewelry. Well so do a million other people. So what makes my jewelry unique so people will actually want to buy from me and not from the other million?

Looking at my Etsy shop I don't really see a cohesive look. I have twisted wire pieces, some beaded pieces and some paper collage pieces. Is this a problem? Should I have one store for my more traditional pieces and one for the more experimental Trashion / collage pieces?

I'd love to have some opinions from you all while I ponder this question. I hope to have some answers next Tuesday.

No comments: