Thursday, January 10, 2008

Routine

I used to view routine as a bad thing. Something that I would do over and over. Get up go to work, come home, make dinner, play with baby, put baby to bed, hang with hubby, go to sleep. Wash, rinse, repeat.

But now that I am not working in an office, I am craving a routine. Doing something fun with my daughter, working out, cleaning the house, making jewelry. These are all basic things but I am having trouble fitting them all into my day. And of course I also need to sneak a shower in there somewhere (for my sake and for the sake of others).



I've joined a mom's group and there are a lot of activities that we can do during the week. We've also signed up for a music class. So we are now trying to figure out where this all fits. But of course when you are working for a two year old, what you think is a great idea is not always what she thinks is a great idea.

Right now we are in the experimenting stage, finding out what works best for us. So far its been fun but there have been a few tears both mine and hers.

1 comment:

earth and sun folk said...

i understand what you mean. i've got 2 little ones at home with me during the days. i dont think our day to day "schedule" is ever the same really. i just try to go with the flow and somehow...most days i get everything done! plus we have tons of fun doing it :)
~bless~
jenny