Wednesday, January 30, 2008


Sick Days

I have now learned that when you are a stay at home mom, you don't get sick days. When I was working in my old job, if I felt the way I did today, I'd stay home. Both for the my sake and for the sake of those around me, but I can't do that anymore.

So here I am with a cough, sore throat, stuffy nose, a voice like a career smoker and a head that feels the size of a racing sausage. But I can't just lay on the couch watching soap operas and Lifetime movies like I want to. I have to figure out a way to entertain a two year old without infecting her and without causing myself too much distress. Fun times.

Maybe we'll build a fort that mommy can hide in or perhaps we'll do some art projects or maybe sit on the couch and read all of our books 10 times. Or maybe we can beg dady to come home early. Yeah that last one sounds good.

No comments: