Friday, August 17, 2007

Custom order

My parents are going to a black tie wedding this weekend for the daughter of a friend. My mother bought this beautiful blue silk jacket to go over a black dress. She wanted some earrings to go with the jacket and this is what I came up with.



The jacket was almost the exact color of some Kyanite drops I had in my supply box. I hadn't used them much because the rich color felt more like fall than summer to me but this was the perfect opportunity. I mixed the drops with some round Kyanite beads and some Aquamarine and Labadorite rondells.



I did a single strand variation on my Vine earrings with the drop serving as the final flower. I also did a more dramatic chandellier version.

I can't wait to see which one mom picks. The other one will be available in the Etsy shop this weekend.

No comments: