Saturday, August 25, 2007

Happy Saturday

Today I had a rare day off. Completely off from everything including being a mom. Hubby has several golfing and fantasy football related evenings planned next week so he took the wee one for the day. They went to the zoo.



What did I do with my free time you ask? Well first I went to the spa and got a pedicure. That was so much fun and very relaxing. I wish I had time to do it more often. Got my toes painted a really cool shade of purply blue called Siberian Navy from OPI.

Then after a trip to the cafe for a scone and latte, it was off to the art store. I got a small sketch book and a pencil that I am going to carry around with me to see if inspiration will hit. I also picked up a book on altered books and some new brushes. I've had some ideas floating around in my head for altered books and collages that I think this book will help me realize. Finally I signed up for a drawing class at the store starting in September.




Then it was a trip to the thrift store. I picked up some wool sweaters that I plan on felting. Inspired by the latest issue of Adorn magazine, I want to try to make a felted jumper for the wee one for fall. This will also force me to break out the sewing machine that has been gathering dust on my work table. I am excited to see if it will turn out.

After a late lunch, I plan on going outside to photo some jewelry to post in the Etsy store. Then maybe a nap.

No comments: