Thursday, September 27, 2007

Internet Friends

With this blog and running my jewerly business on-line I have met a lot of people that I call "friends".

I have found incredibly creative and supportive people here and on the Etsy Forums. They get the need to obsessively create, the joy one can find in a new strand of beads or a beautiful skein of yarn. They also tend to be very smart, insightful and funny people. Just the kind of people, I'd like to be my friends.

But I haven't met any of them in person, and that seems a bit weird to me.

So I decided to organize a get together for Etsians in Milwaukee. It will be so cool to finally be able to put a face with a shop name and avatar. Today I am having lunch with Barflybling (Laurie) to organize the get together. It was funny to convo eachother with pictures and what we are wearing so we'll know eachother when we meet, even though we've been talking for a while now.

I'm looking forward to meeting them but I also like the anonymity that I have with my other internet friends.

1 comment:

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

I agree - it is nice to meet other sellers in your area - good luck with your get together and have loads of fun!