Thursday, September 06, 2007

Collage

For a while now I have been playing around with collage, painting and drawing. My materials, other than the paint, have been sourced entirely from my home using junk mail postcards, newspaper, magazine subscription cards and magazine images. Its been fun to see what I could do using what I already had.




I've had some cool attempts that didn't turn out quite right but I liked the overall effect. I turned one of those attempts into my Night series of earrings and pendants. I used a postcard from a realty company, images from the literary section of the newspaper, want ads from a Chinese language paper from Chicago and some paint. So far I have only listed one in the Etsy shop but I think they are pretty cool. This pendant is another in that series.



I've also been making some little collages for the wee one. I'd like to have an arrangement of art in her room, some of mine and some made by others. So I thought I'd post this for you all to view. It is not a grand artistic statement but I think its simple and sweet.

I think that these are good beginnings or experiments in this new field. But even if no one else likes them I am having a lot of fun creating them and I think that is the most important thing.

No comments: