Thursday, September 13, 2007

Self Portrait Thursdays



There is a group of people on Flickr that take self portraits every Thursday and post them to the group site. I found out about this through Etsy and was immediately intrigued. You see I don't really have that many pictures of myself and I am not sure why. I don't mind having my photo taken and I am not camera shy. But its there, even my blog picture was taken 3 years ago - I couldn't find a new one to replace it.

Maybe its because my dad always was snapping pictures when I was younger. I learned how to pose when I was really young. I think the wee one will be the same.

Maybe its because when we go on vacation, I want to have pictures of the sites I see, not me in front of the sites. I know I was there, I don't need a photo to prove it. This drives my husband nuts.

Maybe its because I am always holding the camera. Its part of the control freak in me, I take better photos, so I'm gonna be the one to take them.

This is slowly starting to change with the wee one, I like having my picture taken with her because she is so darn cute.

So I decided to join this group and take pictures of myself every week. Its been fun and I have been pleased with the results. Who knows maybe you'll see alot more of me in the future.

2 comments:

fernfiddlehead said...

I just starting doing the Thursday Portrait thing too. I'm not photogenic and am working on becoming more so. I never did learn to pose as a child and it really make a difference. duh. Anyway -- welcome to the club.

Sugarloaf said...

Oh cool! I didn't know about the Thursday Portrait thing. I'll check it out! Great profile photo, btw. :)