Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fall is almost here.

I for one am completely giddy. Last night I slept with the window open and the wonderful cold air blowing in while snuggling underneath the comforter. This morning I pulled on a pair of tights under my skirt and put on a new sweater practially dancing around the room. The wee one looked at me like I was crazy until I pulled out her fancy new red cords with a coordinating pink top and jean jacket. Her eyes got wide as she murmured "pretty" over and over again. So I think she gets my joy.

Fall in Wisconsin is my favorite season, with the beautiful colors and crisp weather. Summer is too hot and humid. Winter is well winter, they didn't nickname Lambeau Field the Frozen Tundra for nothing. Spring is nice but doesn't hold a candle to fall in my book. This fall will also mark the first Halloween with the wee one (we were in China last year) so I am already making plans to make it special.

I also have my upcoming trip to the Adirondack Mountains next week to keep me excited. We've rented a cabin with friends to go hiking. I have been promised cool weather and leaves turning all sorts of beautiful colors.

Meanwhile, I will continue crocheting my scarf, eyeing new sweaters and tights in the stores, dreaming of hot apple cider and jumping in leaf piles with the wee one.

1 comment:

Morrgan said...

Oh yes. :) Today I noticed yellow leaves in the trees and got all excited too. I knitted a new pair of autumn gloves months ago and have been itching to wear them. Finally!