Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I'm going on vacation

A real live vacation for the first time in two years, since before we adopted the wee one. I will miss the wee one terribly but I am also really excited.




We are going to the Elk Lake Lodge in the Adirondack Mountains with our friends Matt and Sonja. (Matt was Scott's friend from college and Sonja was my friend from law school, they met at our wedding and are now married. Just had to share that cute aside.) The lodge is made up of rustic cabins which look just beautiful.

There is no television, no cell phones and no internet access. (although I am worried because I won't be able to call my parents to check on the wee one as often as I'd like. Just once a day from the main lodge phone.) It will be total relaxation. Matt and Sonja want to go hiking and I am sure that we will do some but Scott and I are just looking forward to relaxing.

I won't be getting the crisp fall weather that I was promised, its supposed to be in the 70s, so there won't be any fires at night. But the colors are supposed to be changing and it should just be beautiful.

I can't wait. A real live vacation, wow.

3 comments:

Felicia said...

Sounds like a wonderful vacation!

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

the picture looks like a piece of heaven! relax, enjoy - your little one is safe and you don't get many chances to just chill out and just "be"

Anonymous said...

Ohh... this looks like such a serene place! I am jealous!!!
Enjoy hun!