Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I was wrong.

I'm not afraid to admit when I am wrong. And it happens a bit more than I would like. I was wrong about organization being the enemy. It can be a really good thing. I organized my desk at work and it does look better but it feels weird to get up to get a file, but I'll deal.




After work, I took the plunge at home. While hubby and the wee one were chasing eachother around the living room, I spent a half hour on my studio desk. I managed to clear off a substantial portion so that was good. I also found some really great things that I completely forgot about.



First, I found a double picture frame that I had used as an earring display at a store I used to work at. When the store closed (almost 3 years ago), I took home my jewelry and display. I thought I had worked all of it into my inventory but apparently not. When I opened the frame, I found 11 pairs of earrings. Score! Some I really don't like and will probably take apart. But some are really cool and once I clean them up they will probably find their way onto Etsy.




Second, when I was putting some of my piles away I opened a drawer and found this yummy yarn. I don't remember when I bought it, probably two or three years ago. I know that I made a scarf for my mom and this was what was left. So what's a girl to do when she finds something so cool? Start crocheting a scarf, that's what. Because there is only one skein, I will have to find a coordinating yarn to finish but that is ok.

So now I am totally excited about organization. Who knows what other treasures await. I may even tackle the "Closet of Doom".

3 comments:

Starbright said...

WOW!!

glitglitglam.blogspot.com

fernfiddlehead said...

Keep organizing. I always work better when I can find things. Looks great.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Finding stuff you forgot you had is always fun... keep digging! Lol.
;)