Monday, September 24, 2007

Crafting for China Charity Challenge Update




I am almost one month into my Crafting for China Charity Challenge to benefit the Half the Sky Foundation.

For those of you who don't know, my husband and I adopted our daughter from China last year. In her honor I am donating 50% of the proceeds of sales from items in the charity section of my Etsy shop and 20% of the proceeds from the sale of the other items to Half the Sky to benefit children living in Chinese orphanages.

So far I have sold 4 items and have raised $54.50. My goal is to raise $300 so that the Etsy shop can help sponsor a child for one year. I hope to reach that goal before the end of the Challenge on October 30th.

3 comments:

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

fabulous necklace - I'm sure it will be no time before you have an even higher donation :)

Kim said...

Great Necklace..
I have followed your journey since you went over for Ivie...
It was one of the first blogs..
I just found this sight...
How amazing..
I look for an update about Ivie all the time..
It helps keep the wait real..
Take care
Kim

Anonymous said...

The whole darn thing is just full of sweetness! Kudos to you and good luck on your challenge!
;)