Monday, February 11, 2008

Budding Fashionista

Lately I've been wondering if I have a budding fashionista on my hands. That is the only way I can understand what is happening. It only makes sense, right? I make jewelry, I love clothes and accessories. My daughter must be the same way.

What is happening is there is a huge battle being waged every morning when its time to get dressed. I will lay out two outfits for her to choose from. Whatever she chooses is what she wears. No problem, right?

Wrong. Big problem. It seems she does not want to make a choice. She does not want to get dressed at all. She would be content to run around all day in her pjs or in her diaper. Who needs clothes seems to be her motto. Well unfortunately its wintertime and its cold outside (and inside) so you need to wear clothes. Plus I think people might call social services if I take a toddler wearing only a diaper to the grocery store.

So every morning its the same drill. I usually leave an hour for both of us to get ready. It will take me about 15 minutes and the rest of the time is for wrangling clothes on to the wee one.

The problem starts with the onsie. The second I pick it up she gets ready to run. If I succeed in pulling it over her head she manages to stick up her hands and tries to pull it off. When we finally get the head and both arms in then the screaming starts. Its a high pitched, break glass, make the dog next door cower under the couch in fear kind of a scream. Once the onsie is securely fastened then she can run around for a while and my ears get a break.

Pants usually aren't too much of a problem, especially if I pull them on after I finish changing her diaper. The shirt on the other hand goes much like the onsie. This morning after her shirt was on, she kept lifting it over head yelling "Take it off, take it off!!!". Its a shirt, it cannot possibly hurt or offend her in any way but she thinks it does.

Total time to get ready this morning. Mommy 15 minutes (clothes, hair and make up), wee one 1 hour 15 minutes. Calgon take me away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.