Sunday, February 10, 2008

Clean Break

I hate cleaning. I really do. I will vacuum the floors, clean the bathroom and the kitchen but I rarely go to town when I clean.

For some reason, today was one of those rare moments where I decided to go nuts and do a full clean. I was cleaning up from lunch and got down on my hands and knees to scrub some spots off the floor. Well one thing led to another and I found my self on a ladder cleaning the walls and ceiling.

You know what I found out? It was actually enjoyable. I felt a real sense of accomplishment knowing that my kitchen was cleaner than it has been in a long time. Maybe this will be the inspiration I need to do a deep clean of the other rooms I've been neglecting.

Now if I could only get some help. While I was a cleaning dervish, hubby was setting up his X-box. Sigh. But I did manage to get him to fold laundry while watching TV. I really can't be too hard on him because he does the dishes but . . .

1 comment:

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

Oh, I can SOOOO appreciate this! While I absolutely despise taking the time to do housework (there are so many other funner things to do!), I do LOVE my house to be clean. Whatever happened to the cleaning fairies anyway? *sigh* They haven't visited me in so long!