Thursday, February 14, 2008


Valentines Day or a meditation on love

Love, love, love is the most wonderful thing in the world. If we had more love in the world, there would definitely be less problems and conflict. So why is it that we have only one day to celebrate our love?

Shouldn't everyday be Valentines Day? Now I don't mean every day you have to get chocolate or flowers (although that would be nice - especially the chocolate part). But shouldn't you tell those you love that you love them every day? Shouldn't you want to shout it from the roof tops? Isn't that what love is all about?

Now since I've been waxing poetic you would think Valentines Day would be really special in our house. Not so much this year. Hubby gave me a peck on the cheek (because he has a nasty cold), told me he loved me and wished me a Happy Valentines Day. That's it, short and sweet.

Did I do anything special for hubby? Um well no. Its Thursday and its all I can do to keep my head above water during the week. Tomorrow night we'll have a special dinner after the wee one goes to bed. A nice time to reconnect.

Now as for the wee one, the object of my undying affection, she got a special present, the lovely (ok homley) handmade plush monsters pictured above. It was my first try and I had fun making them. She looked at them, squeezed them, said "Squishy" and then threw them on the floor where they still sit. But I don't mind.

Happy Valentines Day. Tell someone you love them today and every day.

No comments: