Sunday, February 17, 2008

Peace and Quiet

I don't get a lot of peace and quiet in my day to day life. Well I guess I have peace but quiet is hard to find around an active 2 year old chatterbox.

But this morning I couldn't sleep because I was having trouble breathing from my new cold (and I just got over the last one), so I got up at 5:00 am. Now me and 5:00 am are not really good friends. In fact I've only seen it voluntarily when I had a plane to catch or an early meeting.

But there is something so interesting about sitting in a quiet house when even the cats are still asleep. I can hear the heater kick in from time to time and the rain outside my window. I sat on the couch looking out at the rain (thankful that it hadn't turned into snow - yet) drinking my tea. I sketched out some ideas for new designs. Depending on when the wee one wakes up, I may even do some cleaning.

I know I'll pay for this early morning later on and have to take a nap. But for right now, I am grateful for the solitude.

1 comment:

High Desert Diva said...

I've been a morning person for years for these very reasons...