Thursday, February 21, 2008



Slow and steady wins the race.

Well I've slowly started working on my craft room. I'm following Martha's advice and am getting rid of a lot of paper. I have a pile for recycling and a pile for shredding. Hubby convinced me not to spend the money on a shredder since he has free shredding at work. I guess its also a good thing I didn't by a shredder because I found an article given to me by our doctor about baby proofing areas that often get over looked - the article mentioned a toddler who lost an arm in a shredder. Yikes! So that's enough for a paranoid mom not to get a shredder.

I'm not quite ready to take another picture because it actually looks worse than before (with the aforementioned piles). But I know that I am making progress and that's the most important thing.

Above is a new pendant I've finished. Its a basic crocheted circle with a garnet in the middle. I really like the simplicity.

I'm not sure if I'm happy with my new pictures or not. I don't think I have a bright enough light for the light box to be making a difference. I am using two halogen desk lamps aimed right at the box. The pictures are definitely brighter but I am still not getting the definition or contrast I want with the crocheted pieces. I've been playing around with Photoshop and hopefully I will hit on the right combination.

1 comment:

Kellybot said...

Are you using the macro setting on your camera? It really helps get in with a clear shot. Good luck!