Wednesday, February 13, 2008


Mom friends

Now that I am a stay at home mom, I am working on developing some mom friends. You see all of my friends who live in town don't have children so they can't really relate to anything that is going on with me. So its time to meet some moms.

The problem is I'm shy, kind of a loner and get nervous when I meet new people. I never know what to say to break the ice. I've been taking the wee one to all sorts of group activities where there are other kids for her to play with and moms for me to meet. But they all seem to know each other and tend to congregate in their own groups while the kids play. Now if I were normal, I'd just walk up and say hi. What are they going to do laugh at me? ignore me? Well maybe but probably not.

Someone describe making mom friends like dating and it is so true. Well I hated dating and was infinitely lucky that the cute boy that is my hubby decided to ask me out. Now I have to wait for a cool mom to ask me out too, until I can work up the courage to do the asking.

No comments: