Friday, February 01, 2008

Music

I love music but I am not a music snob. I'll listen to anything from country to rap to pop to metal to opera. Some people may laugh at my tastes but I like it so who cares.

But there is one thing I cannot stand - kids' music. I know that kids love it but I seriously cannot listen to it for more than 10 minutes without wanting to pull my hair out. This is difficult when you are at home with a toddler who loves to listen to music and to dance. What's a mom to do?

We've gotten some CDs from Putamayo that have Reggae, Latin and World music that is tolerable, but you can only listen to them for so long. Then what?

Well I've got tons of CDs and even more on my ipod, why not try some out on the wee one? After all I used to listen to Billy Joel and John Denver with my parents. We started off with No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom. She loved it, she gets up and starts to dance whenever it comes on. Okay great now lets try the Gipsy Kings and Madonna. She likes them too.

So now I am on a search for more tunes my daughter will like. I'm going to make a mix CD for her (and for me too). Its fun, just like being back in high school and college only a bit more high tech.

No comments: